Vinegar is such a versatile product and hands down, my favorite cleaner. I’ve had breathing issues my entire life and cannot use harsh cleaners so, whenever possible, I make them myself. Vinegar is easy to use and can be just as effective as harsh, chemical cleaners.
10 Easy Uses for Vinegar
1. Drain Opener: Pour about 1/2 cup baking soda into the drain and add 1/3 cup vinegar. You’ll get a volcano effect, leave that there for 15 minutes and it will elimanate odors and open your drain! Rinse with warm water and presto, all better!
2. Clean the Toilet: Pour about 1 cup of vinegar in the toilet and let it sit overnight, it will disinfect and elminate odors.
3. Clean Stainless Steel: Mist distilled white vinegar onto your stainless steel and buff with a dry cloth. Instant shine!
4. Remove Carpet Stains: Dissolve 2 tbsp salt into 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar, spray onto your carpet stain and once dry, vacuum the area.
5. Make an All-Purpose Cleaner: Mix equal parts of white distilled vinegar and water in a spray bottle and start cleaning. Vinegar is a natural disinfectant killing viruses and germs. Don’t worry, the Easter egg smell will go away as it dries.
6. Cheap Fabric Softener: During your washer’s rinse cycle, add 1 cup of white distilled vinegar. You can also add essential oils if you’d like a fresh scent. Your clothes will come out soft and static free.
7. Wash Produce: Using 3 parts white vinegar to 1 part water, mix in a spray bottle and spritz your produce. Be sure to rinse with water.
8. Eliminate Refrigerator Odors: Place 1 cup white vinegar or apple cider vinegar in the refrigerator and smell will vanish.
9. Soften Paint Brushes: (This has really helped me lately) Soak the paintbrush in hot, white vinegar then rinse clean.
10. Microwave cleaner: Soak washcloth in vinegar and place in the microwave for 20 seconds. Stains will loosen in the microwave but, washcloth will be hot to touch. Wait until warm then use to simply wipe the stains away.
Vinegar is a great product, give it a try and let me know what you think!